Stamping without an Ink-Pad

Hi everyone! Susanne from the DT here and today I'd like to show you two other mediums with which you can ink up your stamps. It doesn't always have to be standard ink-pads. First of all we start with a card that is stamped with Neocolor II watercolor crayons. I'm sure you can use any kind of watersolubal crayons to do this.


Let the fun begin! I picked out some autumn colors and one of the maple leaves from the Rubber Dance "Maple Leaves" set. I colored the stamp with the crayons and added some water with a brush. You need to experiment a little bit not to use too much water but even enough to get a good impression.

I fixed my background (it's heavy weight watercolor paper) with some washi tape onto my working area. Your paper will not slip away and you'll get a nice white border.
 

To add some interesst I added some color splatters to the card. I skribbled the crayons onto an acrylic block, added water and splashed it randomly. I used different colors.

I also used some Viva Decor Inka Gold for some golden splatters.

There was something missing on my card so I decided to emboss the outlines of the stamped images. I used a Ranger Emboss It Pen and drew some sketchy outlines to the leaves. I embossed them with Ranger gold embossing powder. I used this one for the sentiment, too.

Befor I finished the whole card I painted the edges of the top layer with Inka Gold.

I told you to show two different mediums for stamping. I did nearly the same with the ColourArte Twinklings H2Os. I LOVE these colors. They are so brilliant and shiny.

The difference between the Neocolor stamping and stamping with the Twinklings H2Os is how you ink up the stamp. First of all you have to wet the colors you want to use with some water and let them sit for some minutes. Now you can take a brush and paint the color onto the stamp. I used different leaf stamps from the "I Love Leaves" set from Rubber Dance. Instead of gold outlines I used a black Pitt Artist Pen to draw some sketchy outlines.

I wish you a nice and crafty day. See you all soon, Susanne.

Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
I Love Leaves
Maple Leaves
Happy Birthday



Comments

Lizzy Hill said…
These are both stunning - especially the gold bits on the top card! TFS this technique:)
Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, these are SO pretty, Susanne!! I've tried the same technique with Gelatos instead of Necolours II, and I love the result (you taught me that one, too!).
Thank you so much for a great tutorial and beautiful cards!
♥♥♥
Majo said…
Beautiful cards and a great tutorial, dear Susanne ♥
Craftyfield said…
Beautiful stamping Susanne! I haven't pulled out my Neocolours for a long time, but it's a fantastic technique to get multi-colour stamping which is one of my favourite looks!
ionabunny said…
Pretty cards. Love those leaves and the embossed outline is lovely. Hugz
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks for you lovely comments.
Elizabeth said…
Really quite beautiful Susanne. I especially like the way you have added those sketchy outlines to the image. This gives a finish & completeness to the image that I have always felt this technique has lacked when I have used it previously.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!